Monday, February 15, 2010

CNY eve, CNY Day 1 & CNY Day 2 (updated)

I'm in Alor Setar, Kedah, M'sia right now. The hometown of my parents. Here to visit our relatives. Staying with my maternal grandma & aunty. Haven't been back here since CNY 2007. Usually when we come back here for CNY, mum & dad will usually drive back. It's a long drive...abt 13-14hrs of drive fr sg. But this time we flew instead...transit in kl (coz there's no direct flight to Alor Setar fr sg). The weather is hot hot hot. So much hotter than in sg. *i'm melting soon*

Right after we arrived here on CNY eve, we immediately headed to Huatang restaurant (where my mum is one of the shareholders) for reunion dinner with maternal & faternal relatives. Had a total of 6 tables. The entire restuarant was packed packed packed. Heard there were 160 tables that night. O_O

Now then I realised how much my faternal relatives have grown - with the additional of my cousins' little ones (oldest is 7yrs old; youngest is 1 & 1/2 yrs old). Everyone is asking me questions like "got boyfriend already or not?" "where are you getting married?". Aiya...all the standard questions la. LOL! I also feel that both my grandmas have aged a lot. Faternal grandma has got senile demenia (but still very healthy though. just don't remember who we're & can't walk). Maternal grandma has got knee bone problems. Gone through a few operations. Doc say no use operating already as her bones are already hollow :( (right now she walks only a little; most of the time she move ard in a wheelchair. my advice for all the youth & young adults out there: make sure you drink lots of milk when you're still young or will end up like my grandma coz not enough calcium). For the past few yrs, what you see in tvb family drama serial can also be seen in my parents' family. Just that this is not a drama but real life. Haiz. I won't go into details but my parents also dun want it to affect the next generation. Anyhows, what's past is past.

Will be here till CNY Day 5 (however our outlets back home will be opened on CNY Day 4. Leave it to the staffs to take care for 1 day). CNY Day 1 was spent at faternal third uncle's place. Mum, dad & I and all other relatives went over there for lunch. CNY Day 2 (today) was spent at maternal grandma's place while relatives came over to bai nian and have lunch. Getting a bit boring here. Nothing to do. Most of my relatives from other states of m'sia have gone back. We still got 2 more days here. Will be flying out early on CNY Day 5. Hopefully will be able to make it for CG that night.

Whenever I come back to malaysia for CNY, my angbao $$ is in ringgit (of course la. it's m'sia after all. so you can imagine my angbao $$ when converted to sg is like half the amount that which I received in ringgit. : This yr is special. Got 2 angbao in sg dollars - 1 from maternal grandma; 1 from maternal aunt). But at least better than when I dun come back to m'sia for CNY (if I dun come back, I only have 1 angbao & that's from my parents).

When I go back to sg, gotta catch up with my accounts. Oh yea...I've just submitted by SOT application online :) but yet to submit highest education transcript & cert (will submit these in hardcopies instead).

No comments: