All relatives have gone back home. No more bai nians. Nothing to do. So got time to blog. Didn't really go anywhere for these 2 days (CNY Day 3 & 4). Mum's motor spare parts shop here open for business today so went over to her shop for a while. It's a family business. 1st & 4th aunts & cousin (2th uncle's son) are managing the business from here; while mum manages it from sg (she calls m'sia everyday & often flies over here to help oversee the business). Mum is also going into birds nest breeding business soon. Went to see the shophouse she purchased for this business. The shophouses in that area does mainly birds nest breeding as there're a lot of swallows there. Waiting for the permit to start. Our outlets back in sg also open for business today but it's super super quiet as expected. :( This afternn accompanied my parents to the temple to pay respects to my late faternal grandpa, faternal 1st uncle, faternal 1st aunt & husband, faternal 2nd aunt & husband, maternal 4th & 5th uncles. (their ashes are all in that temple. only maternal grandpa is buried somewhere else).
Last few days have been eating eating & eating. That's basically what you do during CNY. Think I definitely have put on some weight. Cham! Later cannot fit into my bridemaid's gowns & need to have them altered. Only 31 more days b4 sis's wedding. Willl need to start dieting tmr onwards. Didn't eat a lot of those CNY goodies though. Ate a lot of other things esp prawns. Everday is prawns prawns prawns and more prawns. Those prawns are humongous man. Never have I seen such huge prawns b4. And there's so many of them (1 of my cousin's friend gave it to him & he gave it to grandma). I tell you...JUST the prawn head itself is already bigger than a king prawn. Can you imagine how big is the rest of the prawn? I didn't take any photos of it. When I 1st saw the prawns I was staring it & went WAH! But they're not that nice coz the meat of such BIG prawns are really tough.
My parents want me to stay in Alor Star & manage the businesses here (even get married here). My aunt even say close the clothing business in sg and come over Alor Star to help manage the business here. But I don't like it here. I don't like the lifestyle. Nothing much here. So boring. Rubbish are all over the public roads and streets (even the drains. causing the water in the drains to be still. no wonder so many mosquitos). And it's so hot here. Hotter than in sg. I would prefer KL (a lot of my cousins have actually gone there to study/work). I really h.o.p.e (holding on praying expectantly) San Street will do well by the end of this yr.
Mum told a few of my relatives that I'll be going to study in bible school. Their responses are all the same. "Study in bible school for what? You want to be a pastor? Waste of time & money." I thought my aunt who's also a christian will understand but she said exactly the same as them. Doesn't mean that those who go to bible school HAVE to be a pastor what! Whatsmore, not everyone is called to be a pastor. The WOG is applicable not only in church but also in our personal life and even in school & business. 1 of the reason I want to go to bible school is also for the business (you know kristos dai kosmos). Sigh...they just don't understand la. I don't blame them. Whatever it is, I'm still excited for SOT. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment