Thursday, April 1, 2010

1st April 2010 (updated)

A quarter of 2010 is gone just like that...scarily fast. Class ended earlier today coz children church needed B4 audi. This weekend will be going for 1 service every day. Can't seem to get through my friends whom I'm trying to reach out to. Handphone not on and not replying my smses. :(( Send a no. of invitations via facebook to some sec sch friends & other friends. Most of them in my fb I've lost touch for a long time & dun've their contact number. Only quite recently found them on fb. Praying that some of them will join us for service. I'm going back to attributes bookstore to serve this saturday. Miss serving in attributes. Have been wanting to go back to serve when the business is more settled (left the ministry abt abt 2yrs ago when problems keep arising in the shop almost every other day & parents keep complaining I spend too much time in church). Attributes bookstore will also be the ministry I'll be in throughout SOT.

Have recovered. PTL! SOT has been rather stretching physically & mentally. But spiritually after each day of classes I feel so refreshed. New encounters in class every single day and I'm loving it. :)) SOT rocks & team 25 rocks! :)) Didn't get pass the choir support team audition. However, the others in team who signed for the choir support team are ALL in. Total 7 of them were up on the stage serving in choir today. :)) It just shows that I'm not called to sing. Ha. Nvm. God will use me in other ways. 1 in our team got into BV support team. :)) 2 in our team got into the musician support team to play the guitar. That's a total of 10! COOL man! 10 out of 24 of us (there's almost 1/2 the team) are in choir/BV/ musio. :)) :)) :)) So proud to be part of team 25! I miss 5 lessons of GOTP in just that 2 days of MC last week. After we've completed that book, I'm going to borrow the book fr any1 in the team to copy notes. Hehe. Left 3 & a 1/2 lesson of GOTP then we'll move on to home cell group leadership. Our 1st assignment, bible reading chart and 1st 4 mock cg are all out.

For years whenever family friends or relatives ask me which church I'm attending, when I said City Harvest they're surprised. Why? The main reason is b'coz just right next door to my house is a church and they wonder why I would go to a church in the far far east/far far west when all I need to do is hop next door on a sunday (not only that pasir panjang road where I'm staying at have at least 6-7 churches) and it'll save me a lot of time. True! But the reason I'm attending CHC and not other churches is because of all friendships I've found there esp with those whom I've grown up together with in church though we're no longer in the same cell/zone. But to be able to see one another grow in our walk with God is very encouraging and inspiring. And of course not forgetting the seeds my previous & current cgls have sown in the my life. In short, I just love CHC. :)) As a matter of fact, having stayed in this house for almost 15yrs, I haven't even step into the church next door. But I often can hear their service going on that is when it's good friday, easter and christmas (coz they set up a temporary tent outside the church building but within their compound to have their service there).

Workwise. Staffs have been v. guai and have not been giving us any problems. That's a good thing. Just that they're still not fruitful enough (in regards to the sales they bring in. can be better). After the transfer of a staff to my dad's office & the transferring of staffs around outlets, now we close our suntec outlet 3 days a week. We only open the outlet there on mon, fri, sat and sun (that means tue, wed, thurs we're closed) as we feel that it's not necessary to waste money to pay for electricity and staff when the sales there is so horrible. So might as well close on the quieter days. Anyways. it's just a couple more weeks b4 the contract there ends (14th April to be exact). We'll be packing up suntec on 12th April, a couple of days earlier, as we've got to clear the unit so as to reinstate it back to its original state & the keys are to be returned on 14th itself. May take a full day. Even had to apply for leave from SOT for that day coz the staff won't be able to pack everything by himself in 1 day. In order to to pack everything up asap, mum and I will go down to help the staff there to pack. After suntec closes, it will much lighter burden on us. Counting down...

No comments: