Sunday, April 18, 2010

Just got back not too long ago. Feeling quite tired actually. Dropped by Far East to settle some things there. Woke up at 6am. Reached Expo 5mins to 7.30am to serve. Attributes as compared to last time have quite a number of changes but all are definitely good changes. From glory to glory. :) Tomorrow will be the 1st day of the week of prayer. Going to go for all 5 days of morning prayer in JW...hopefully I can wake up.

1 of my staff is quitting end of this mth as her uncle is short of manpower & wants her to go over to help out. She asked us the other day if she doesn't like it there can she come back to work for us again. We gave her 1 month to try out there and if she does not like it there she can come back. Not all staffs who have left San Street gets to come back. Only those who left us a good lasting impression will get to come back. Since day 1 of San Street, many have worked with us (be it PT or FT) but so far only 5 managed to leave us a good impression. Current & previous staffs who are reading this might be thinking "Am I 1 of those 5?" Haha. Don't tell you. :P

Anyways, with 1 staff leaving end of the mth it means that we'll need find a PT staff to work on the days the other staffs are off otherwise I'll have to work in the shop & work my assignmets in the shop. When my friend (also in clothing retail business) heard that I'm looking for a PT staff, he actually offered to "share" his PT staff whom he just recruited. I was surprised by his offer. Today everything has been confirmed. His PT staff will be working for him on mondays & tuesdays and for me on wednesdays & thursdays. Hehe. 1 stone kill 3 birds (I've a PT staff, my friend has a PT staff & the PT staff gets to earn extra $$$ by working in 2 different shops and still gets to rest 3 days a week). Not bad eh? Also 1 of my relative (my aunt's nephew who's fr indonesia) who has come over sg to study in poly will be helping out in the shop during the weekends.

For SOT, 10 book reviews + 10 sermons + mock CG round 2 coming up (mock CG round 1 is over but I wasn't involved in it. Mine will be on 29th & 30th April). So far have gotten 3 books. Have started a bit of the readings for 1 of the book. Only managed to read 2++ chapters of my 1st book. Total of 12 chapters in that book. Though it's not many chapters but that book is quite chim. The 2nd book I'm planning to work on after this book is the 52 chapters book. Planning get the book reviews for the more chim/thicker books over and done with b4 working on the simpler ones. Come to think of it, the readings that I had to do when I was doing my Masters in Australia 3-4yrs ago were much more and much thicker than all of these books and we didn't even go through them during lectures/tutorials but they were all examinable. I still remember having to read (well more like skim) through all those readings b4 exams and amazingly I did quite well (most of my results were just 1 grade lower than distinction. not bad. hehe). If I can do it back then, I believe I can also do it now. But really got to be more focus. Sometimes I get distracted.

No comments: