Monday, August 9, 2010

9th August 2010

No class today coz it's national day. It's a long weekend to some. But I still have to work. It's been giddy-ish weekend. Been feeling light-headed since sat.

Only 3 more weeks left in SOT. 2 more exams to go...1 exam this thursday (authority for victory & cultural mandate) & another on next monday (romans & theology) then it's graduation. :) Don't want it to end so soon though. :( Sure...going to miss team 25 esp our dear Indonesian friends. I'm loving Indonesia more and more esp ever since coming back from mission trip. I wanna go for more mission trips but my parents don't let.

Since SOT started, my parents been nagging that I spend too much time in church. Recently, my mum even regretted letting me study in SOT. She says studying such thing is useless. :`( My parents don't believe there're miracles in life. Just b'coz u dun see miracles happening, doesn't mean miracles doesn't exist. The God I serve is a miracle working God. Just to name a couple of miracles this yr. My left leg & arm increasing in length is a miracle. Medicorp Okto approaching us for products to be featured in 1 of their drama is another miracle. There's more. I feel that during these past 6 mths I've grown a lot in both personal and spiritual aspects. These past 6 mths has been ratehr fruitful although it has indeed been rather challenging. Like what Pst Bobby always says in class. "God is a good God. The devil is a bad devil. But we WIN!"

Just b'coz some fortune teller say that based on my birth 8 characters I'm not a business type of person, doesn't mean it is true. Stop repeating that to me. I renouce that in Jesus' name. All these fortune telling thingy, just instill in u a spirit of fear & ctrl so as to stop u fr doing what u're actually capable of doing. Why let ur life be controlled by what others say abt u? U can say whatever you like. I still stand firm on what I believe and hold tight to God's promises for me. The Bible says that God's promises are "yes and "amen". If God can say it, He'll definitely do it. Matt 6:33 - "Seek 1st the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Sacked my part timer last week. He didn't turn up for work. Didn't picked up the phone. When we tried contacting him again, he switched off his phone. After abt an hr or so, he sms me telling me that he's not feeling well and asked me if I still need him to goto work. What is this???? Not feeling well...dunno how to sms me to inform meh? Is it THAT difficult just to sms. Told him straight that he don't have to come to work anymore. This kind of staff we don't want. Irresponsible!

1 of my full-timer is also quitting after mid of the mth (which means sun is her last day). That means we have got to find a full timer to replace her. Got a few recommendations for both part time and full time. But not everyone has got retail experiences (retail is different fr f&b. although both r customer service oriented but when it comes to the approaching of customers it is very very different. it takes very long to train up someone who only has f&b experience). Already have got one person in mind. She's recommended by an ex-staff and has a lot of work experiences in various industry including retail. Will be calling her in for training soon. Not intending to employ part-timer already. Once SOT ends, my parents want me to work in the shop as such no need for any part-timers. Not nice to employ a part-timer to work 1-2 days a week for the nxt 3 weeks and then "dump" them after SOT ends. Might as well take 1/2 day leave to work whenever necessary. My cousin is able to help cover this week thus there's no need to take leave. For the remaining 3 weeks left in SOT, I'll only need to take 3 days of 1/2 day leave. Have already applied for the 1/2 day leaves via the student portal. My nxt 1/2 day is on the day of the last exam. That means I can concentrate on the remaining 2 exams (other than having to work on new stocks) b4 having to take 1/2 day leave to work.

No comments: