Sunday, November 22, 2009

Unproductive week

It has been a very unproductive week for me this wk coz I was not feeling well for the past few days. It all started on monday when I keep having the runs & had to go the toilet 5-6 times a day. It continued for a few days. Since wednesday I had a running tap for a nose, cough & aching body. Only got better yesterday. As such didn't managed to get much things done though I was still running abt and working in the shop as usual. Didn't go for cg on thursday. :( Rest at home instead.

Next wk more new stocks will be coming (mostly shoes). There are 78 boxes in total. Nearly 80 boxes. *Faints* Where am I supposed to store them in my house? Now my house is really becoming a warehouse. Also next week the 1st phase of our renovation in far east will be taking place. 2nd phase will be sometime next yr. After that we might have a mini
"shop warming". See how it goes.

Haven't had enough rest lately. My mind is always thinking abt 1 thing or another relating to the shops. I should really learn to relax & get into the habit of sleeping early waking early. And of course be more discipline in my bible reading & prayer time. It's abt 2am now...if I don't get to bed soon, tmr I won't be able to wake up in time for service.

Anyways, got back home slightly after midnite. Went to catch 2012 with my parents at vivo gvmax. Full house today. So many people in vivo and harbourfront....that even the parking in both vivo and harbourfront were full...we had to park opposite where the food centre is. 2012 is nice and it is only the 2nd movie that I've caught so far this yr (1st one was "where got ghost?" also with my parents). I don't get to go to the movies much ever since I started this business.

We were really angry with 2 of our staffs today. We don't pay staffs to sit down, to whatever they like & ignore customers who walk in. Anybody who work like this no matter in which company will have long been sacked! We've already been very patient with them already and they try to take advantage. I don't think any shops out actually allow friends, siblings or bf/gf to work together in the same outlet (same company maybe still possible). Let them work together still take advantage. IF our company at any point need to retrench any staffs, they will definitely be the first to go. They better wake up their idea or else they should know what will happen.... If they only think for themselves (only look forward to pay day) & never put themselves in the shoes of the company (walk in the same vision as the company), how can they work long in the company, let alone grow in the company & have the chance of being promoted. If end up the company have to close down, they will also lose their job. Did they ever think of that? Thank God not all staffs are like that.

One of our temporary staff will be coming back to help us. He'll be working full-time until end of March nxt yr since he's waiting for 'O' lvl result and would like to earn some pocket money in the mean time(he's actually 1 of our member-turned-friend-turned-staff). He used to help us full time too during the sch hols late last yr & early this yr. He's one of the few staffs who we are certain have the potential to work long with us but most probably when he goes to poly he will change back to part time.

No comments: